Friday, November 30, 2012

Ask A Dumb Cat: How To Get Your College Crush To Notice You Fun Love

Ask A Dumb Cat: How To Get Your College Crush To Notice You Fun Love




Plus, how to make friends at parties! “Ask A Dumb Cat” is a weekly column offering advice, consolation, and life lessons to real people from A Dumb Cat. Send your questions for A Dumb Cat to PrincessCuteyface@buzzfeed.com .



Dear Dumb Cat,


I've been in college for a few years now, and I still have a hard time making friends. I go to parties sometimes, but I feel like I just end up standing around in a corner trying not to make eye contact with anyone. I WANT to meet people, I just have such a hard time breaking the ice. I can hold a conversation once people approach me, but there must be something about the way I act in social situations that makes me seem unapproachable. I promise I'm not! How can I put myself out there so that I can meet new people?


Shy in Seattle


Dear Shy,


This is a perfectly reasonable worry to have, and you'd be surprised how many people feel exactly the same way. Next time you're at a party, try not to put too much pressure on yourself. It may be hard to remember at first, but you are there to have fun, not to beat yourself up about your insecurities!


Keeping a positive mindset is important, but it can also be very helpful to have a strategy going into the event. Next time you're at a party where you don't know that many people, spend the first hour of the party somewhere you feel comfortable and safe, such as under a bed or in a closet where no one can see you. Then, spend the rest of the hours of the party there. Eventually everyone will leave and you can eat food off the floor.


Yours,


A Dumb Cat


Dear Dumb Cat,


So there's this guy in one of my classes, and I have the world's biggest crush on him. I catch myself staring at him for a good portion of the class period. How do I get him to notice me?


Clueless in Clovis




View Entire List ›






via

Ask A Dumb Cat: How To Get Your College Crush To Notice You Fun Love



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...